Mechatronics Level 1
The course introduces the various control media used in automation systems and explains the operation of some of the components used to allow the delegates to compare control methods.
Our mechatronics training covers the control of pneumatic actuators using pneumatic and electrical signalling devices together with the use of PLC's. The construction and operation of valves and sensors is investigated and used in the construction of control circuits.
All personnel involved in the design, installation, maintenance and servicing of systems that contain pneumatic, electro-pneumatic and PLC equipment.
- SI units and conversions
- Symbols for pneumatic and electrical equipment
- Function and operation of pneumatic valves
- Speed and pressure control
- Comparisons of pneumatic, electric and PLC control
- Logic functions
- Proximity sensors
- Programing PLCs in Ladder diagram, Statement list
- System documentation
- Sequence control
General engineering background.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Read and understand pneumatic circuit diagrams to recognised international standards
- Read and understand simple PLC programs
- Recognise pneumatic and electrical components and understand their functions
- Recognise the component parts of simple PLC systems and understand their functions
- Construct simple pneumatic, electropneumatic and PLC control circuits
- Understand and generate simple PLC programs
- Determine how pneumatic, electro-pneumatic and PLC systems interface to each other
- Compare pneumatic, electro-pneumatic and PLC systems as solutions to simple applications
To discuss this seminar in more detail over a coffee, please contact the business centre on (01604) 667068 or alternatively, e-mail email@example.com .