The Manual Base Unit contains a total of 32 Circuit Modification (CM) and fault switches. Students manually select CM switches as the course progresses, while the protected fault switches are reserved for Instructor use by means of an integrated, locking-cover assembly.
The FACET® base units provide voltage supply with protection and conditioning circuitry to run each FACET® board.
Specific features of all FACET® base units include:
- Distributed +15 and -15 V DC, and variable ±10 V DC power to the various circuit training boards. Coarse and fine controls are provided to adjust the variable DC supplies.
- Self-protection against short circuit, reverse voltage, and overcurrent conditions.
- Long-life ZIF connector, with a rotary knob that locks the training board into the base unit. The ZIF connector itself is protected from damage by built-in stops.
- The fingers on the connectors are gold-plated for added durability.
- Included is an accessory kit containing terminal posts, connectors, adapters, and patch cords required to perform experiments on the FACET® training board.