Basic structure of system module
An MPS 400 system module consists of one station on an MPS carriage with height adjustment. This allows the working height to be ergonomically adjusted to the size of the students and to the respective activity in the learning process. The carriages have an operator panel with buttons for basic control or for aligning the station. The current status of the station is indicated by a signal light panel. A stop button stops all of the actuators within the system module. Some of the input and output signals as well as 24 V and GND can be scanned via 4 mm safety lab sockets on the left and right of the operator panel.
Batch size 1
Every MPS 400 system module is equipped with an Ethernet switch and a PLC. The PLC program connects the system module to the MES of the complete system. The PLC is connected to an RFID reader and writer via an RFID controller. This enables the transfer of digital product memory from and to RFID tags of individual workpieces. The production steps required in each case – with individual parameters if necessary – are communicated individually for each workpiece from the MES to the PLC of the system module. This makes it possible to learn concepts such as variant diversity in production up to batch size 1.
By integrating additional MPS 400 system modules, the learning system can be expanded into a larger system network. This allows learning content to be expanded extensively and for more complex production processes to be mapped at the same time.
Customized training documentation as eLearning courses and PDF files ensure an optimum learning experience. The modular use of these materials, allows the learning path to remain flexible and expandable. This makes it possible to divide up wide-ranging and complex topics into small learning units that are easy for students to understand.
Digital learning support
The learning process is supported by augmented reality (AR) and QR codes. QR codes on the individual components of the learning system allows for rapid and targeted retrieval of relevant technical information.
- The extensive modularity makes it possible to use the MPS 400 system modules within the context of a wide range of project work.
- An MPS 400 system module can be used individually as well as in combination with other MPS 400 system modules as a system network.
- Comprehensive training documentation breaks down complex topics into small steps and learning units, allowing teaching to be designed in a structured yet flexible manner.
- The learning process is supported by modern media such as QR codes and AR for provision of information as well as interaction with the learning system based on augmented reality.
- Operating pressure: 600 kPa (6 bar)
- Power supply: 110/230 V / 50/60 Hz
- Square/round workpiece dimensions: max. 40 mm
- Dimensions (W x D x H): approx. 350 – 700 x 700 x approx. 1705 mm (variable height)